FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
YARDLEY, PA, October 16, 2014 – Gamma Iota Sigma, the international risk management, insurance, and actuarial science collegiate fraternity, announced the election of five new members to the Board of Trustees, new Executive Committee elections, and the appointment of an Emeritus Trustee.
Executive Director Noelle Codispoti, ARM, commented, “This is an exciting time as we continue to grow and strengthen a distinguished board that is committed to the next generation of industry talent. We are proud to boast broad support across industry sectors, as well as diverse representation of both seasoned executives and dynamic young professionals. The current board is well positioned to support Gamma Iota Sigma’s critical growth phase and the programmatic expansion needed to serve our growing member base.”
Named to the Board of Trustees:
- Sabrina Hanitz is a Senior Business Development Manager at AIG, based in the Chicago office. Ms. Hanitz is a 2007 graduate of Temple University and is currently pursuing her MBA at Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management.
- Erik Matson is a Partner in the Global Financial Services Practice at Boyden Worldwide’s New York office. Mr. Matson earned an MBA from Monmouth University and has completed post-graduate studies at the University of Chicago and Harvard Graduate School of Business. He received his BA in Economics from Drew University and studied international economics at the London School of Economics.
- Diane Mattis is Executive Director at National InVEST, which works with high schools and colleges to encourage educators to incorporate insurance instruction into their curriculum. She also holds the role of Associate Vice President of Professional Development & Online Resources at Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America.
- Bill Ross is Chief Executive Officer of The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF). Mr. Ross completed his undergraduate and graduate degrees at California State University Fullerton.
- Denise Watkins is Senior Vice President at Endurance Specialty Insurance Ltd. In Bermuda, where she is a Senior Underwriter for healthcare professional liability risks. Ms. Watkins is a graduate of The Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina.
New Executive Committee appointments:
- Glenn Dorr, Director of the Northeast Region for Lloyd’s America, was elected Treasurer.
- Jeffrey D. Henry, M.Ed., Chief Learning Officer for Accolade Management and Director of Education and Professional Development for AAMGA, was elected Vice President.
- Sabrina Hanitz, Senior Business Development Manager at AIG, was elected Secretary.
- Jake Timmins, ASLI, Associate Broker at R-T Specialty, LLC, was elected Alumni Representative.
- Jacob Galecki, Recruiter with Ezra Penland Actuarial Recruitment, was elected Industry Representative.
- Dr. Karen Epermanis, Associate Professor and Director of the Brantley Risk & Insurance Center at Appalachian State University, was elected to a two-year term as co-Faculty Representative co-Faculty Representative.
- Kit Mohler, senior at Beta Lambda Chapter of Butler University, was elected co-International Student Representative.
- Zach Vasseur, senior at Chi Chapter of Drake University, was elected co-International Student Representative.
Alan Hoffmann, a long-time Trustee, Executive Committee member, and past President, was appointed Emeritus Trustee in appreciation for his past service as a Trustee and in recognition of his immense contributions to Gamma Iota Sigma.
ABOUT GAMMA IOTA SIGMA
Incorporated in 1965, the purpose of Gamma Iota Sigma is to promote, encourage, and sustain student interest in insurance, risk management, and actuarial science as professions; to encourage the high moral and scholastic attainments of its members; and to facilitate interaction of educational institutions and industry through networking and by fostering research activities, scholarship, and improved public relations. Gamma Iota Sigma has annual membership of over 2,500 students at 60 colleges and universities throughout North America and an alumni network of over 20,000 individuals. For more information, visit www.GammaIotaSigma.org or contact (484) 991-4471.