Director of Development and Strategic Initiatives
Yardley, PA, October 18, 2017 – Gamma Iota Sigma (GIS), the insurance industry’s premier talent pipeline, is pleased to announce the appointment of new members and changes to the Executive Committee and Board of Trustees. Executive Director Noelle Codispoti, CPCU, ARM, commented, “Year after year, I am inspired by the level of talent, experience, and commitment that GIS is able to access through the dedicated volunteers of our governing body. The appointment of our newest Board and Executive Committee members reflects the growth of the organization and firm commitment to the insurance industry’s future. These incredibly diverse and talented individuals bring additional capabilities and strengths to our mission that will guide GIS into its next phase.”
Named to the Board of Trustees for a New Three-Year Term:
- Barbara Bufkin is the Executive Head of Business Development, in the Lending Solutions Group at Assurant. Bufkin attended Wheaton College and graduated from the State University of New York at Buffalo, cum laude with a B.A. degree in Philosophy.
- Carrie Busic, CIC, CRM, AFIS is the National Small Business Accounts Sales and Underwriting Leader at Westfield Insurance. Ms. Busic recently completed Case Western University’s Weatherhead School of Management Executive MBA program. She previously earned her Bachelor of Business Administration degree from The University of Akron where she majored in marketing management and minored in sales management.
- Dante Disparte is the founder and CEO of Risk Cooperative, an innovative strategy and risk advisory firm based in Washington, D.C. Mr. Disparte is a graduate of Harvard Business School, holds an MSc. in Risk Management from the NYU Stern School of Business and a B.A. in International and Intercultural Studies from Goucher College.
- Sean Kevelighan joined the Insurance Information Institute as President and Chief Executive Officer in August 2016. Mr. Kevelighan is a graduate of the University of Colorado at Boulder.
- Jon Perry is currently an Assistant Vice President with Allied World in Chicago, Illinois. Mr. Perry also serves as the Vice President of the GIS Alumni Council and in this capacity has been named to the Executive Committee in the role of Secretary. Mr. Perry received his Bachelor of Science from Illinois State University’s Katie School of Insurance in 2009 with a major in Insurance.
- Debra Richardson serves as Director of the Risk Management and Insurance undergraduate program in The University of Texas at Dallas Naveen Jindal School of Management, where she serves as the faculty advisor to the Beta Phi chapter. Ms. Richardson earned her Bachelor in Business Management degree from Dallas Baptist University, and her Master of Business Administration degree from The University of North Texas.
- Salvatore Samà is the Head of US Professional Lines Desk and Senior Vice President at Swiss Re. Mr. Samà earned an MBA in Finance and a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Risk Management & Insurance with honors from the Peter J. Tobin College of Business of St. John’s University in New York.
Named to the Board of Trustees for a New One-Year Term:
- Zach Finn is Clinical Professor and Director of the Davey Risk Management & Insurance Program at the Butler University College of Business. Finn received his B.S. in insurance and risk management from Indiana State University, M.S. in risk management and insurance from Florida State University, and the Associate in General Insurance (AINS) and Associate in Risk Management (ARM) professional designations from the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters.
- Cheré LaRose is the Director of Member and Candidate Communications at the Society of Actuaries. Ms. LaRose holds a Bachelor of Arts from James Madison College at Michigan State University and a Master of Arts from the University of Chicago.
2017-2018 Executive Committee:
- Glenn Dorr, Northeast Regional Director of Lloyd’s has been named President.
- Wesley Griffiths, Second Vice President and Actuary at Travelers within the Business Insurance division, has been named Executive Vice President.
- Cheryl Matochik, Senior Vice President of Strategic Resources and Initiatives, Council of Insurance Agents and Brokers (CIAB), named Treasurer.
- Steve Marohn, Senior Vice President and Western Zone Officer for CNA, named Vice President.
- Jake Timmins, ASLI, Vice President, Property Broker with RT Specialty, named Vice President.
- Jon Perry, Assistant Vice President, AWAC, named Secretary.
- Noelle Codispoti, CPCU, ARM, Executive Director.
- Meg Allwein, Assurex Global, Immediate Past President.
- Sabrina Hanitz, President, Global Risk, Honan Insurance Group, named Alumni Representative.
- Millie Workman, CPCU, CRIS, MLIS, AFIS, Director of Training and Education, International Risk Management Institute (IRMI), named Industry Representative.
- Karen Epermanis, Ph.D., Appalachian State University, Rho Chapter, Faculty Representative.
- Josh Cowdrey, Finance, Insurance and Risk Management student at University of Central Oklahoma, named International Student Representative (ISR).
- Kate McCoy, Actuarial Science and Data Analytics student at Drake University, named International Student Representative (ISR).
About Gamma Iota Sigma
Incorporated in 1965 and boasting an annual membership of over 4,000 students at 75 colleges and universities throughout North America, Gamma Iota Sigma (GIS) has over 50 years of history of engaging students and preparing them for careers in insurance. GIS is the only organization of its kind and is THE solution to the industry’s talent gap issue, pursuing a mission to promote, encourage, and sustain student interest in insurance, risk management, and actuarial science as professions. GIS is committed to growing the number of highly qualified students entering the industry; to that end, the number of GIS students and active chapters has more than doubled in recent years and continues to grow. In partnership with corporate supporters, professional organizations, and trade associations, the full spectrum of GIS programming provides its members with meaningful interaction with the industry, as well as the tools to pursue and succeed in an insurance career. For more information, visit: GammaIotaSigma.org.