Last year 1,700 Gamma Iota Sigma members joined CAS Student Central, a free student membership program offered by the Casualty Actuarial Society. In total, the program boasts more than 5,000 student members from nearly 500 schools around the world. Some of the key benefits include:
Invitations to Student Programs at CAS Meetings and Seminars – Events in 2017 Include:
- Underwriting Collaboration Seminar, March 6, 2017, Rosemont, IL
- Ratemaking and Product Management (RPM) Seminar, March 28, 2017, San Diego, CA
- CAS Spring Meeting, May 23, 2017, Toronto, ON
- Seminar on Reinsurance, June 5, 2017, Washington, DC
- Casualty Loss Reserve Seminar, September 11, 2017, Philadelphia, PA
- CAS Annual Meeting, November 7, 2017, Austin, TX
Webinars created specifically for CAS Student Central members:
Recordings available for past webinar topics including Excel and R for Actuaries, Predictive Analytics, Entry Level Job Market for Actuaries, and Catastrophe Modeling. Stay tuned for the next webinar in Spring 2017.
Access to exclusive career resources:
Resources available to student members through the Student Central Website include an online internship listing, free practice exams for P and FM, case competition and mock interview toolkits, and the CAS Curriculum Guide.
To see the full list of benefits offered to members of CAS Student Central, please visit CASstudentcentral.org. Contact Tamar Gertner, CAS University Engagement Manager, with any questions about the program.